Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Favorite Films: #25


Well, almost every film blog has posted a favorite films, and I have decided to make my own list of my top 25. I will post one each day!

Number 25: Walk The Line (2005)

What makes Walk The Line so good? In my opinion it is James Mangold's excellent direction, which keeps the film smooth and well paced without being to flashy. He keeps it from falling into biopic convention, which I feel Johnny Cash deserves. The screenplay is also very tight and well paced, and contains one of the best lines in cinema: "Don't give me no rules. All I got is rules".

The songs stick to you, with a special note going to Joaquin Phoenix's cover of "Ring Of Fire". Reese Witherspoon also shows that she is a wonderful singer.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I looove Ring of Fire! XD Didn't Joaquin Phoenix's brother die? I looked it up - Yeahh, River died outside the Viper Room (owned by Johnny Depp, which is probably why I knew). Alright, I've never seen "Walk The Line", but I think I own it... not sure... I'll see if I can find it. :D

    ReplyDelete